The end of the season recital.
Recital performances can seem stressful for both parent and dancer! But at Sunflower State Dance we strive to make our end of the year recital as stress-free and enjoyable as possible, for everyone.
Here is our recipe for a great recital:
- Start preparing your recital costume/attire early- we are now one month away from our recital on June 24. Now is the time to start thinking about having everything ready. Do you have a good pair of tights in the right color? (Extra tights are always recommended!) Will your shoes last through the recital? Do you have enough hair products, ties, bobby-pins? Is your costume in good shape? Does it need ironed or steamed?
- Practice routines regularly- the more your dancer knows the choreography, the more comfortable they will be on stage. At Sunflower State Dance we record practice videos for all our younger and recreational classes. All you need is a smartphone or computer to practice right along with your teacher!
- Know your schedule- plan out your preparation time before so you will have adequate time to get ready on recital day. Make sure you know where to drop off and pick up your child before and after the recital. Talk to your child about what will happen recital day.
- Practice hair and makeup before the day of the recital- there is nothing worse than having to start over while doing makeup. Save the tears and the irritated skin for a different day! Practice your child's stage makeup days before the recital. Be sure to follow directions your studio provides on what to wear for stage makeup. Stage makeup is very important in making sure your child's features do not get washed out by the very bright stage lights!
- Have fun!- remember to have fun! Performing should be an enjoyable experience for all dancers. It's a performance where they get to show off their new dance skills to friends and family. Be sure to take pictures with family and friends after the show!